There are several factors that play a role in determining the cost of auto insurance, such as, where you live, your driving record, your age and marital status, what type of car you drive, whether you own a home, even your credit score can all have an impact on your insurance premium. New York State requires all motor vehicles to be insured.
Auto insurance is meant to protect you and others in case you should have an accident while driving. There are several different types of coverages that you can purchase with your auto insurance policy:
- Liability coverage, also known as Bodily Injury and Property Damage (BI/PD), includes protection for any injuries sustained by someone else as well as damage to another person’s property if you are responsible (liable) for the accident.
- Medical Payments coverage, also known as Medpay, will help pay for injuries of drivers or passengers regardless of fault. It’s often an affordable supplement to your medical insurance.
- Collision coverage pays for any damage to your vehicle which is caused by an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your vehicle caused by wind, hail, theft, vandalism, and more. Comprehensive coverage protects your vehicle from any damage not caused by a collision. Most commonly used for cracked or broken windshield glass.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage, also known as UM/UIM coverage, pays for your injuries if the person responsible for the accident either doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough insurance to cover your expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection coverage in New York is also referred to as no-fault coverage. Personal injury protection is a mandatory form of auto insurance for all drivers. New York PIP insurance covers three things: medical costs, economic losses and death benefits. The minimum amount of PIP that can purchase in New York is $50,000. Since medical bills can add up very quickly, we highly recommend purchasing the maximum limit available.
- Rental Coverage helps with transportation expenses, such as a rental car while your own vehicle is being repaired after a covered insurance claim. It does not apply for things like your vehicle needing routine maintenance work or if you need to rent a car on vacation.
- Towing/Roadside Assistance is available if you have full coverage on your vehicle. Keep in mind Towing/Roadside Assistance on an auto insurance policy will often provide this service but only up to a certain distance specified on your policy.
Let one of our knowledgeable agents at Multy Cover Corp. / Parrinelli Insurance Agency help provide you with the proper coverage and policy you require for your Vehicle. We can be reached at 631-588-8888 or email us at Insure@multycover.net we’re here to help.
Classic Car/ Antique Auto
Owning a classic car is an investment in not only a piece of history but also fulfilling the dream of having that special car you have always wanted from another time. You want to be sure to protect that investment. These auto policies are specifically designed to cover your Class Car.
Not all classic or antique cars are used the same, you will want to consider your coverage needs, miles driven, vehicle age, and vehicle modifications to make sure you have the proper protection for your vehicle. We can help you find a policy the is best for you.
Let one of our knowledgeable agents at Multy Cover Corp. / Parrinelli Insurance Agency help provide you with the proper coverage and policy you require for your Classic Vehicle. We can be reached at 631-588-8888 or email us at Insure@multycover.net we’re here to help.